View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 04:34 AM   #27
Smooth1SITF

Re: My 1969 Chevrolet C-10 Short Wide Bed Pickup

Calvin thanks! I really like BlckButy's trucks overall look. I am going to make a few modification to his design though. I am planning on going with a metallic type paint of that color and I want to keep the original paint scheme from the factory so traditional roof white, turq on top, white stripe and turq on bottom. Going to stay with the original CST wood grain trim.

The replacement cab I have is factory orange so I am going to strip it down to get it painted correctly. The original truck was turq so thats why I chose the color. I HAVE been contemplating a midnight blue but, so far, the turq is where I am sticking at.

I think I am going to replace the cross member. Website says its $49.00 so its not bad. I have he truck down to the frame right now in the garage so just waiting for the weather to clear up and some cash so I can get it ready for powder coating.

You do look close in Aledo. Maybe can meet up sometime to take a look and get some opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin78612 View Post
Just read your build thread and like the direction your headed. I've always liked the color and overall stance of 72 BlckButy's truck. As far as the crossmember goes if it were me I would replace w/ an aftermarket one, and you will love those rivets. A grinder, punch,and big hammer have served me well ! If you need a hand let me know. If you have a cherry picker I have a cab and bed lift.
Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote