Thread: The Brown Truck
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #77
SFTorange

Re: The Brown Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ66GMC View Post
Look'n good keep plug'n along and you'll be done in no time

What fuel tank are you running? I need to get my tank out of the back of the seat... Are you putting a fuel door in your bedside?

Keep up the good work

Tony
Thanks for the motivation! My main frustrations are with the guy painting my truck. I know he does good work, and he is very fair on his price, but he doesn't prioritize jobs like mine at all. He can make a lot more money doing insurance work, and then he'll work on mine when things get slow. I'm really trying to be understanding, because it can be so hard to find someone you can trust to do body work. I just need to be patient, and he'll get it done eventually. I have a pretty tight budget, so I don't have a lot of options.

Anyway, my tank came from Dave Boyd with Boyd Welding. He's a board vendor who sells a tank custom designed for the 67-72 trucks. I ordered one when he was doing a group buy last spring, and got free shipping and a sending unit. The tank fits really well, but I did have to relocate the rear crossmember on my frame to get it to fit. Dave can also work with you on custom designing a tank to your exact specs. I highly recommend his work. Here is a link to the tank I have: http://www.boydwelding.com/category/...ts/67-72-truck

Years ago I picked up a billet aluminum fuel door to put in the bedside, but I'm having second thoughts at this point. I'm thinking of setting the filler up to fill inside the bed just behind the wheel well. I like the idea of doing a fill through the bed floor, but don't want to lose the ability to haul stuff. If I fill it on the inside like I want to, I think I can have the best of both worlds, but we'll see.
SFTorange is offline   Reply With Quote