View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 10:44 PM   #66
willem445

Re: 1980 Chevy K20 Farm Truck

Been quite a while since I posted an update. Been busy working hard on the truck to get it "finished" before spring so I can actually use it for some work!

Rockers and pushrods installed:

Got the engine maintenance done. New gaskets for oil pan and valve covers, fixed my vacuum lines (thanks to help from this forum), new air cleaner, new fan belts.

Don't really have picture of body mounts but replaced front cab and radiator mounts. The rears were feeling pretty frozen and didn't want to break off another bolt...

Got the filler neck mounted up, getting rid of the hole I cut in the bed side!

Some rust repair:

I also replaced the front grille with a 73-74 style grille. I go back and forth on the grille style I like most but settled on 73-74. This truck really is a hodge podge of many different years lol

Which leads me today.... finally finished what I had planned and is back to road worthy! I still need to finish up some welding and do the cab corner but I was getting so stressed out trying to get it done but I'm considering this "done".

Did some test driving today, took the family for a ride and even pulled my 20' flatbed to test the brake controller. Everything is working! Huge relief!!!!!

1978 Chevy C20 (future project?)
1978 Chevy C10 (parts)
1975 Chevy C10 (parts)
willem445 is offline   Reply With Quote