View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 03:54 AM   #42
chev-obsession

I haven’t had a ton of progress the last week or two. I was able to get the lower control arms off, steam cleaned all of the old grease off LCA’s and steam cleaned the inside of the gas tank. Got the new lower ball joints pressed in, and upper ball joints installed. Pulled the remaining brake lines from the master down to the drums and rear line. Also scrubbed the dirt and grime from inside the cab before I install the tank. I didn’t take a before picture, it wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t real clean either.

While I was in scrubbing the cab I had pulled up the vinyl floor mat and found a little pouch of keys. Turns out there was a key for the ignition!

When I was first going through the cab of the truck and camper, I found enough tools and spare parts to dang near rebuild the engine on the side of the road then I’m thinking, if this guy was this well prepared I’m sure that he had a spare key hidden somewhere. Turns out it was tucked up under the floor mat a ways
I’m really glad to find it because I was dreading having to drill out the ignition cylinder.

I have the spindles soaking in vinegar to remove the rust, I’m not sure why I had to wait until I was ready to install them to clean them up. Also was turning the rear axle and it’s making noise not in a good way. I will pull the diff cover at some point, without seeing the oil I’m guessing that it may need a rebuild.

Also need to figure out what I need for brake booster stuff. I forgot that the ‘69 booster isn’t compatible with the ‘72 master.

Oh yeah and my foreman came in to inspect the control arms after torquing
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

chev-obsession is offline   Reply With Quote