View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #46
chev-obsession

Re: A grandpa’s camper truck resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Well did the foreman approve?
My Grandpa had a key pouch just like that.

The floorpan under the seat looks as it did from the factory.
The foreman approved only because he wanted to go back home

Thank you, it’s kind of scratched up from all of the extra tools he had under the seat but I didn’t think it was too bad. There are 4 holes from the auxiliary tank valve that I plan to weld up before the seat goes back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
That’s pretty damn clean inside the cab. Looking good.

What’s the plan for the interior pieces (floor mat, steering wheel, etc)? Just cleaning up, replacing with new/nice used, etc.
Thank you!

As of right now I am just going to clean up what is there. I will get a better passenger side sun visor or have that one re-sew’n. At some point after the truck is running, detail the interior and use some simple green to give everything a good scrubbing. On the off chance I find a nice OEM blue steering wheel and dash pad for reasonable then I probably won’t replace what I have. As for the floor mats, I’m not sure if I clean to clean them up or not. The drivers side is kind of torn up but a floor mat would cover it well and do a better job.

I would like to reseal the wing windows, glass runs and doors… at some point, after I get the truck running and driving. The windshield and back window rubber looks to be in good shape and if they don’t leak then I won’t mess with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Nice find on the keys, I like those old key pouches. It looks like an original key too.
Yes I was more than pleased when I found them! I’m fairly certain the other keys go to the auxiliary gas tank, camper door and storage compartments. I might just keep the little pouch to give the truck the full grandpa effect.