View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #111
89AKurt

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
Nice pix.
[...] new rubber seals around the vent wings, so the old prehistoric rubber went back in. Very involved process according to You Tube videos. Only did the RH door window rubber. I'll do the drivers side later. Won't be so hard a second time.
So nice to have a smoothly rolling window again. Also, on cold, icy, dark and stormy nights, driving in the blackness, wind whistling thru the gaps in insulation, and the intermittent rapping, rapping, rapping on my door. You'd think the bony fingers of the Grim Reaper were knocking to be let in -- at 60 MPH. Well Nevermore.
[...]
Still haven't gotten fresh aspen swamp cooler pads yet, and it's 95F inside with fans on. Now with the truck running, I can pick up the pads.
[...]
Another long hot summer. At least the snowbirds are gone.
I replaced vent rubber on the '57 Chevy wagon I had last century. Danchuck is the go-to place for restoration parts. A year later, they looked worse than the original rubber! grrrrr Oh sure, take them out, return for new ones. Took a freaking day just to do one! That'w when I learned that new rubber sucks.

Been cooler this year, I just set up the a/c unit in the house, still haven't put the window fans in. Usually all that gets done first of June. Tis the season for other birds coming to Prescott, the big World's Oldest Rodeo is in town.