View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 08:52 PM   #1
prg machine

1969 Chevy Truck Horn problem

The horn on my 69 K-20 started basically honking on it's own for some reason. The horn button seemed to not be the issue since as it honked I felt the spring action of the button functioning normally. The Steering Wheel and Horn Button are actually the earlier style 67 with the 3 spoke wheel and the Center Horn button.
Yesterday I smelled a weird plastic burning smell for whatever the reason and it went away. Today I went for a drive and I smelled it again and within a minute or so, the horn started honking then stayed on steady for about a half a minute then went off and doesn't work at all now. With the engine on and Voltmeter showing charge at 14 plus volts, if I push the horn button the Voltmeter plunges to 12 volts like a serious amperage draw. I tried the horn with the Engine off, I hear a loud vibrating hum like the Horn is trying to work but can't.
All of the wiring looks good that I checked up by the horn and its relay. The truck sets a lot and I have issues with Rodents at times and I'm wondering uf a Mud Dauber nest might be inside the horn
Any thoughts guys.??
Thanks
Crane roller cam lifters and rockers ,1.6 intake ratio, Open chamber heads, 9.5-1 compression ratio, 2.02 intake valves , Edelbrock performer Air Gap manifold Carter AFB performer 750cfm, MSD ignition, SM465 NP205 4.10 gears:
prg machine is offline   Reply With Quote