View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #37
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

If you are going to be building a frame from the ground up, I would suggest just swapping a complete '73-'87 C10 front suspension.....crossmember and all. Of course you can rebuild it all but that's what I would do. The only time you would want to use the C20 LCA's is when you use the '88-'98 spindles when going with 6 lug discs. The '66 C20 LCA's use a flat style shaft that bolts directly to the crossmember. So consequently there is no saddle to accept the C10 or later years C20's LCA's with round shafts.

To save this thread to your Favorites, just click on your 'Favorites' when viewing this thread, and when the drop down appears, click on 'Add to Favorites'. Then click on 'Add' in the next window that appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65tileguy View Post
Ive Got a 65 1/2 ton Chevy LWB and I have a 66 3/4 ton that I bought as a parts truck. I was planning on using the 3/4 ton frame and suspension to do a frame-up build then swithch the 65 body over to it.

My question is can I use the 3/4 upper and lower control arms interchangeably with the 1/2 ton control arms? or are they different. I was planning on just using a bolt on kit, but after going through this thread...WOW!

I was avoiding doing late model parts swapping because I thought I would be in the dark on my own and end up f**ing it up. Thanks for organizing this!

any help is greatly appreciated. also, how do i add this thread to favorites?

Cheers!
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote