View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #264
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Impressive - and quick too. An average body man would have milked that for a few weeks.
Haha- no doubt- and charged out the wazoo! I was thinking today as I was grinding my welds that it would take a LOT of money for me to do this to someone else's truck... Thanks for the positive comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG 2B LOW View Post
Wow! I have the same harbor freight gun and I could not get it to lay down that good as a matter of fact it ruined all my previous prep work!! Congrats on the success, what brand of paint are you using? Do you have any painting advice? I'm in the middle of rebuilding my 99 silverado after I rolled it and all that's left is paint.

Liking the build though it looks great keep up the good work
Posted via Mobile Device
I am using Hot Rod Flatz from TCPGlobal. It is a single stage urethane. I have read where guys have a hard time getting this gun to lay clear. I did very little for gun set-up other than tweak the pattern and volume a little; it does seem to like a little more inlet pressure than other HVLP guns- around 50 psi. Also, try thinning if your paint is thick- my poly primer was spraying a little dry due to the viscosity (a bigger tip would likely fix this), but the color lays out like a dream. Good luck with your rebuild...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 05-10-2011 at 11:20 PM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote