View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 09:53 PM   #235
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
I touched up a couple of places on the cowl that I'm still not happy with, early this morning.

Finally worked on the Drive By Wire throttle pedal and bracket yesterday and today. I think it turned out pretty good. Paint was still wet this evening so I will install everything in the morning.

I used the section of firewall insulation board that I cut out for a pattern and made a mock-up bracket out of a thin piece of aluminum flashing. By doing that it is easy to flatten out and re-bend if needed. I needed to do that on one of the bends and you can see the double lines on the piece of white metal. After I was satisfied with the fit I transferred the pattern to a piece of 1/8" sheet metal and cut it out with my trusty jigsaw. It was pretty straight forward so it was easy to do. Luckily I have a small machine shop a couple of miles from me so I took it there to see if they would have time to bend it for me. The guy said he could do it right then. We went out to the big sheet metal brake and it only took him about 5 minutes to bend it to match my pattern. After doing a little final tweeking on it I temporarily bolted it in and marked where the pedal fit good. I removed it and drilled the rest of the holes and primed and painted it, and the pedal assembly. It feels good to have that done.

Hopefully I will be able to sand down the spots on the cowl and get it painted in the morning.

Like I said earlier, I will be jumping around on different parts of the project depending on how much time I have.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote