View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #1
88Stanger

Holley Terminator Max

Background: I have an early 2000's 5.3 LS that i completely rebuilt, used WS6Store "Hot Cam" and internals & a rebuilt 4L60E. No special heads or power adders except for the Intake, 36lb Accel injectors and 92mm throttle body. I initially installed it with a PSI wiring harness and brain, had it dyno tuned and it ran good, dyno run at 352hp at he wheels, BUT it never really ran right, it would shift at different points and such. I hate the idea that I cannot see data on the engine, gauges and such like I want let alone change anything.
Then I read an article about the Holley Terminator Max kit. After alot of research I decided it was time to buy that kit and give it a shot. Got the kit in, took a weekend to install it (I took my time honestly) and after some stupid, not paying attention errors on wiring from yours truly, I hit it the first time and boom, it fired right up, idled and was ready for a test drive. Surprised the heck out of me, but DAMN what an improvement without a tune!!! Then I found about the gentleman in Missouri, Andrew. He is a noted tuner for the Terminator. So after a few chats with him, $500.00 later we had a tune date last weekend. Now mind you I thought the initial tune on the system was impressive... ya I had no idea. I had to load some software where it allows him access to see my laptop screen (while he is in Missouri) and we started the tune at 9am. After some starts, him doing a bunch of adjustments, and so on, by 10:30am I took it out for a run with his tune in it and DAMN what a change! That truck has never run that good!!No issues what so ever. Amazing is the best words I can say. Andrew did a last few adjustments and at 11am we are done, for now. In a few hundred miles we will do this again (alot less time) and he will check everything out, make afew adjustments as needed and at no extra cost! I am just blown away by how great it runs.
So, if you are in the market looking for a engine management, may i recommend the Holley Terminator and Terminator Max.
After that, get ahold of Andrew projectgattago@gmail.com and get a tune set up.
If you have any questions, I am more than willing to help out.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote