View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #86
gigamanx

Re: Ford Model A Tudor Modern Twist on a Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Going to be a super nice ride when done. One that will make the discerning eye stop for a long look.
Thanks for the compliment! I'm optimistic it'll turn some heads when done.

Currently in the garage, fill sand fill sand repeat... Laid some Eastwood 2k chassis black on the rear end and the posies front springs.to test the new paint booth layout. On the booth, I build a doorway fan filter holder with four fans. Needed that many to get positive air pressure in a one car garage. There are two extraction fans but they are running on low speed to balance out the pressure. Works a charm as there have been very few dust bunnies and overspray moves quickly out of the way. Next up I'll be laying color down on the frame so that'll be a big test for my skills in filling, sanding, and prepping a flat surface for glossy goodness. If I can get the frame looking perfect, the body should go well too.

Still worried my 20gal air compressor is not going to handle a bigger job though :/

First of 3 or maybe it was 4 layers of filler. Had to learn some spreading techniques and sanding between 180 grit and final sanding at 320 grit. Comes out SUPER smooth.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote