View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 01:16 PM   #10
hemi43

Re: Retro Fit In Tank Fuel Pump (carb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68ls1 View Post
A reason I would like to keep carb at the moment is to assist with getting it registered here, the more "stock" the easier it usually is. The 72 C10 in my avatar has the Holley Terminator Max Stealth, and it has transformed the driving experience. EFI is definitely a possibility, and a reason I was looking for a solution that has a simple upgrade path.
Ah, gotcha! I didn't realize you were in Australia. We have stupid rules here too in Canada. I guess it's a commonwealth thing unfortunately.
Americans have no idea the bull**** we have to deal with. Registering anything modified usually means you need to know someone that's willing to turn a blind eye to certain things, but the real problem here is getting it insured.
I wanted regular daily insurance for my Blazer, but I had to answer a few questions first. The first thing they asked was "does the vehicle have the original fuel pump"? I kid you not! Because I'm using a 5.3, they could not insure it, so I reluctantly had to use Hagerty. It was then that I found out that Hagerty puts way more restrictions on Canadians than Americans.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote