View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #306
67C10Step

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Work on my 67 has been temporarily suspended while I work on my late father in law's 1991 GMC. My sister in law wants the truck but she lives three hours to the north in Mountain Home. Decided to bring the truck home and look it over first. Glad I did, for the past 6-7 years this truck has only made the three mile trip to the gas station to fill gas cans and to the local hardware store.

On the 45 minute drive to my house I discovered the right front brake dragging very badly. Stopped to get some gas and the fuel filler hose has a split and is leaking. Upon inspection, I also found the front sway bar end links shot and the exhaust rotted right before and after the muffler. I'll let my brother in law worry with the exhaust when they get the truck but the other safety stuff I'm taking care of before it goes north. Replacing brake flex lines, calipers, pads, rotors. Changed oil and filter over the weekend as it looks like the oil was changed about 1000 miles ago - in 2018. The flex line to the gas tank actually looks like the biggest pain.

Of course the truck has paint issues, no GM from 1991 doesn't. A few dents but no rust issues. It is going north with the understanding if they ever want to sell it I get first right of refusal. My wife decided to take my FIL's Impala when nobody else seemed to want it. Back when he was able, my FIL and I took this truck on a ton of fishing trips, etc. so it has value of the sentimental for the most part.
Attached Images

2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote