View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #19
chase1873

Re: 1969 C10 short box step side.... my first build.

heres my question.. I plan to reuse the A-arms just blast them and repaint them, what is the best route to take in regards to the bushings??? they seem fine, most of the front end parts had been replaced fairly recently. Should I get new bushings, new shaft and bushings, or just clean them up and put them back in??? any help is appreciated.

also, on the passenger side there is a bracket that is riveted to the crossmember. This bracket connects the upper A-arm the the crossmember and the frame. It's has been structurally compromised from rust and I want to replace it... not sure what it is call or where i can find one...

any ways attached is a Sneak Preview of the frame, its almost done, man it was alot tougher than I thought it would be to get her all sand blasted and under-coated. I even borrowed a buddies tow behind inline four cylinder compressor to try and make the process go along a little smoother but it was only pushing about 65 psi constant... miserably slow... anyways, the front cross-member is out and all the suspension components are pretty much disassembled. I have a shopping cart full but im waiting for some input before I pull the trigger...

rear trailing arm bushing
rear drop shocks
rear shock re-locator brackets
rear springs- 6 inch drop
front drop shocks
2- Tie rod ends (inner)
2- Tie rod ends (outer)
2- Tie rod adjustable sleeve
Pitman arm
Idler arm
2- upper ball joints (bolt in)
2- lower ball joints (bolt in)
2- Control Arm shafts (upper)
2- Control Arm shafts (lower)
Drop Spindles 2.5 inch
Attached Images

1970 C10 swb step side... needs everything.

chase1873 is offline   Reply With Quote