View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 04:43 AM   #37
Ironangel

Re: Moog 81114 Front Springs

I just installed these POS in my 72, it has the 2-1/2" drop spindles with factory 1/2 ton coils with 1/2 coil sliced off. I bought these things like three years ago when I read this thread knowing some day l would install them. Well that day came last month while my 427 was being built. I had a hell of a time getting that POS Moog spring in! I had to use a chain come along and clamp to get the ball joint started! Once tightened up it was obvious that spring was WAY to long! Compared to the factory coil it was 4 inches longer so I sliced a total of three coils off the damn thing and reinstalled it, looked good and fit good and was still one coil longer than the factory coil...I dropped the 427 in yesterday and down she went until it it bottomed out! Just the weight of the motor collapsed those springs to the stops! I don't know how in the hell anybody can be running these full length, cut, or otherwise in a 67-72 factory front end! These 81114 Moog POS are going in the scrap barrel! Live and learn I guess...
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote