View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #18
Gotenntitans

Re: It all Happened About 6 Minutes after

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW5413 View Post
Sorry to say that No one will go after them. Not enough $$$ involved. I won't get into the very long story but, my card was clipped from the same Hotel, twice over 6 weeks, near Midway Airport in Chicago. 1st visit I suspected the Hotel was the source. The card was cancelled / replaced. 6 weeks later I stayed at the same hotel and used the new card only for the hotel stay. Sure 'nuff, that card got clipped, as well. Over the two incidents the total theft(s) were over $ 20,000. I informed the MC Fraud Dept. that I pretty much proved the source and I would be happy to testify when they catch the perp. I was told they likely would not pursue it since there "wasn't enough $$$ involved"! I then contacted Holiday Inn Corporate Fraud Dept and they said they would get back with me. Never happened.

Most of the charges were for on-line purchase of jewelry and coins. All illegal charges were culled from my account and they just overnighted yet another card.
So that may explain why there are so many people trying to learn how to scam people..........because there's virtually no punishment for it because they're probably not going after the crooks.

If Sonic would show me a picture of whoever was picking up the orders after using my card on the Sonic App, I would go confront them myself. I think it may have been my daughter's ex boyfriend. He's a goofball and was with her one day when I let her use my card to go pickup dinner. May have taken a picture of my card with his phone. That's what she thinks happened, anyway.

So if they're not going after $20,000, then they certainly won't go after $100. Sad, though.
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote