View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 08:18 PM   #10
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: I think my transmission has died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
If this transmission was built and installed by the "shop" it should be covered by their warranty.

The brackets are super hard to find as they were only on a few model variants....

If the wrong bracket was used, the transmission will fail.

The correct relationship between the TV cable / valve position and the throttle position is critical for long term performance.

The trans is 5 years old, and was pulled out of a stalled project.

The TV cable was adjusted by the shop, but right now it looks like a hard part broke due to the engine.

Yesterday I was on the overnight shift to cover, and doing research. My issue maybe the torque converter has failed instead of the pump.

Either way I will have the engine on the ground Sunday maybe, but definitely Monday. Then I can start the diagnosis for certain. I have had my kid all week, and besides work. I have just talked to a few people to see what I could do.

The trans guy can do a rush job if he can bench rebuild it for me. Since it can fit into his schedule easier.

My machinists can do a quicky valve job. So next weekend I can slide the engine back in. If all goes well enough for me. Hopefully. Possibly. Maybe.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote