View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 01:18 PM   #55
SCOTI

Re: Will 15" x 10" wide rim with 4" backspace fit with stock rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesscamaro View Post
I see what you're saying. Truck will be on bags with a c-notch. I don't have pictures to base this on, but I think I would be ok if the wheel only had a 5" lip. I don't mind the big lips a lot of people are running but I would like to have a more "classic/timeless" look on my truck.
If you prefer the deep back-space vs. the deep front lip, you can make a 14" wheel fit on an un-narrowed 63-69 housing. I did 15x14 w/9.5"BS under a 67SWB bed w/a un-cut 12-bolt housing. I got it all set-up but didn't care for the look when it was all said & done (this was w/an xtra deep c-notch, widened tubs, & raised floor). On that note, all the extra wheel & tire beyond what is typically used for the "classic/timeless" appearance is extra weight & will make service work on the rear a PITA.

The 63-66 bed insides are different vs 67-72's so it's going to depend on how much cutting-up you're going to do to 99% dial in your BS needs but your proposed number is in the ballpark.

Adding disc brakes can impact your track width as well so you need to verify the rear end dimensions w/the brakes you plan to use or pad your needs enough to cover the possible 'what ifs' (wider/narrower).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote