View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #754
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Yeah I'm still here and still working on the truck. Taking care of mom's full time too but I haven't really done anything worthy of taking pictures. I'm blocking and painting the bed, fenders and wheel tubs and doing my final mods to the frame. Then the cab & door are next. The 1 piece door windows are complete, got a new ADE 650 CFM mech. secondary carb. Taking it to a performance shop for the final tune. I have been unfaithful, I have been cheating, on the '56 I have been working a lot on the '67 El Camino. So before the DMV Nazis turn over the salvage title to me I have to get the Camino in an operational state to drive it over to a License Brake & Light inspection station. Lord willing if I live long enough LOL..... as I mentioned once before, I am dropping in a Roots Blown 496 BB Chevy with a Tr -400 and Gearvendors Overdrive, Ford 9in., set the engine back just enough so I don't have to have a notched windshield made. I have most of the parts for the engine. No big tubs out back but the meats will be wide enough and notch kit to the frame will make it look like a full tubbed car but actually mini-tubs, but I am going to post pictures of my intentions and explain why I am doing what I am doing. After the inspection is done the car will be taken down to the frame and begin the transformation.

I haven't posted many pictures of the Camino to be honest coz I don't feel like explaining or justifying why I want to do something a certain way. A lot of times I do something because of cost and limited skills and other things I do because I have a vision but no amount of words can explain what I am trying to do. So I will gleep some pics off the net and give folks an idea of where I'm going with the project.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote