View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 04:03 PM   #762
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
I got the Hedman headers Exhaust it appears they will install perfectly in the open area I have in the frame brace.
The issue I am dealing with is with the V-Bands that I have. The outside of the band is listed as standard steel, BUT it appears the two inside ends that get welded onto the exhaust ARE stainless steel. What is the issue you may ask, well my exhaust and muffler are standard galvanized steel, so I need to somehow weld my galvanized muffler ends to the Stainless Steel V-Band Clamp ends (if possible). I am not sure if this can be done, never tried welding SS to Steel, but I read it is possible. Anyone on here with alot more welding experience please weigh in on this.
It can be done it just won't be pretty nor perfect. Metal is metal. We tig'd SS tips to my aluminized steel exhaust system on my old Fox body X-HWY pursuit Mustang. Tig is a better option but a Mig weld will also get it done.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote