View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 02:59 AM   #63
woodwright
Enjoying left field

Re: Ultimate work truck/ 70 K10 diesel

Haven't updated in a while. I started cleaning up my 52" front springs, and found a crack on one of my main leafs.

I tried to mix them with another set I have, but they didn't jive so I just ordered some new ones from SD truck springs. $270 to my door for the pair. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

I picked up another rig to replace my suburban while my trucks down.

Its an 84 with a 6.2. The PO was getting some bubbles in the coolant, so he figured the head gaskets were going, and parked it 8 years ago. The bottom end and the injector pump only have about 20K on it. I pulled the heads, and found cracks between the valves on 3 cylinders, and didn't see any obvious problems with the head gaskets. Fortunately I have a spare 6.2 with good heads so I swapped them over. I've got the heads on with new 6.5 head gaskets, and am swapping the C code manifold for a J code. I port matched the heads and manifolds while i had it apart, and I'm also gonna modify the Air filter housing to run a 4" hose to the core support. Its already got duel 2.5" flowmasters, 4 inch lift, good 33" tires, and the pump's turned up some, so I'm curious to see how it does. Not bad for $500. I'm trying to just get it back together, so I can get back on my truck, but I can't seem to leave well enough alone.

70 Chevy 4WD "Ultimate Work Truck" SOLD
woodwright is offline   Reply With Quote