View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 02:32 AM   #27
drewbert41

Re: 1968 50th Longbed build thread

Well it has been about 4 years since I posted on this thread, but since then I have moved to a house with a garage. During covid I was able to clear out the garage enough to have the truck towed here and the longbed just barely fit. I have it up on wheel dollys and it is working out pretty well. I installed some garage lights from harbor freight and now its a good place to work.

I got the cheapest vinyl seat cover from brothers for Christmas and did an alright job installing it myself. Good enough and beats the musty\mildewy cloth from before. I also got the seat lowering brackets from brothers and installed them.

I put on a new felpro gasket and filter on the TH350 to hopefully fix the leak and still need to hook up the cable.

I decided to go back to manifolds so I pulled my headers which meant the starter and alternator as well. I went ahead and ripped out the rest of the exhaust. A lot more room to work underneath now. I am painting up my new manifolds with VHT and I bought a flowmaster downpipe kit to put on with my Porter mufflers that have been waiting around.

I have a fuel delivery problem so it is not running at the moment. Thinking of installing the Edelbrock intake and carb kit. I definately want to move the tank to under the bed someday.

Here is a pic dump!

drewbert41 is offline   Reply With Quote