View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 08:22 PM   #54
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Restoration insanity

Blow dryer or heat gun are your friends when installing rubber and such. Dishwashing liquid proves great for certain rubber bumpers, like for the A-arm. A ball-end tool will change your life for installing grommets.

If you have A/C, the hose to the LH side of the center vent can be a real (*)^^ or rather it sure gets crowded in there. I optioned to cap the side off, no harm no foul.

Tape everything you don't want damaged. Basic rule of thumb don't tighten anything until the assembly is fitted, and always keep things flush on their mounting surface on & off - saves you from breaking or stripping stuff.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote