View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 01:58 PM   #71
A1971Blazer

Re: Restoration insanity

Interesting thread, this one...
It covers the entire gamut...improve and build while you drive or strip it down to the bare frame and start up.

One may start out with a certain intent and then we see the words on a parts-for-sale ad that says "decided to go a different direction, my loss is your gain"

Most projects I have done started with a decent vehicle to begin with that just needed some TLC and perhaps a mechanical makeover......until...I bought a 67 step side. A truck that I have always liked and always wanted to have.

At first it appeared to be fairly solid and I knew it needed some work on the engine and drivetrain. I was fine with that as well as being excited and motivated.
Once I started, I quickly realized it wasn't as solid as I thought and the fun began.

Today I am at the bare frame juncture...over the course of the last 2 years, I have bought lots of parts in preparation and have reached the point where it's time to start putting it all back together.

This is a monumental task which will require lots of time....but I am still motivated and prepared to see it through to completion. I will work on it as much as time allows in order to finish it within a reasonable time.

I think that some projects drag on for so long because the builder enjoys working on it more than finishing it...IDK?
Anyway, wish me luck...
Name:  IMG_0139.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  99.7 KB
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote