GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
That's a engine bay full of engine..!!!
Yup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbass View Post
I kind of understand why you don't get much feedback. This build looks super complicated and in my case, I'm still too analog for all these computerized controls.
I've been following in awe so it's not like your build is unappreciated. I'm subbed and check in daily.
I really like that turquoise color for whatever that's worth.
(I kind of half hoped you'd use a Chevy drivetrain just to piss off the purists.)
BTW, I have read all of your other threads and like your style.
As an aside, I was a boiler inspector back in a prior life ('80s) and moved to aerospace afterwards.
The boiler inspection business has changed quite a lot since then. I still enjoy what I do. As for the quantity of feedback I think it's just less forum traffic especially on these "alternate tinkerings". It's fine really. I use the factory five forums for assistance and I have a local contact I can lean on too. I didn't create a build thread there though. Lets say I don't fit in there as much as here. So many of the people building these are doing the big budget, complete kit, new crate engine, etc. with all the options. There's almost nobody on there doing a donor car build like me. I even quit following the FB page because of the snobery I've encountered. I'm not saying they're all asshats, like any online forum deal you get your share of trolls or just well, snobs.

As for the chevy drivetrain option, there are several cars with LS engines and I'm sure there's older builds using the sbc. I have no problem with it because it's a kit car! Make it how you want. My choice was more about trying something new to me. Lessons learned, don't care for the complexity.

That said, I did get the engine wiring mostly done, minus the radiator fan. The battery was hooked up and smoke tested the wiring. No smoke escaped so I gave the ignition switch a turn and it cranks! I think I just need to add gas and give it a try. Oh and that battery is not the one for this car. I bought it to use as a 2nd battery on the plow truck. I just ordered some micro AGM battery for this that costs a bit more but takes up half the space.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote