Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 11:38 PM   #48
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well, I have recovered after getting the estimate from the machine shop...

It is going to cost me 2000.00 to get the motor rebuilt....He is going to grind the heads and put 1.94/1.50 stainless valves, bronze valve guides, new timing chain, oil pump and screen, new springs and retainers, new cam, pistons, rings etc....do all the machine work and assemble it all....Parts and labor.

I will have at least 300 hp at the crank when they are done, which will be good.

So tonight I started back on the engine bay........More sanding, primer, sanding, primer...you kinda get the idea.....

I bought some rattle can paint from Home Depot called Black Stainless Steel metallic...wanted to see how it was going to look since I couldn't find Charcoal gray...I have to say that it looks pretty good...Ill have to put some more coats on it but the preliminary results are pretty good.

Ill get the rest of the engine bay painted tomorrow...gotta go get some more rattle can action in the morning.

Also started taking the rivets out of the 3 spd manual cross member...boy what a pain that is...but I'm saving the cross member and not just cutting it out...hopefully tomorrow that will be done.

After that then Ill start on the heater box and get it all taken care of
Attached Images

Last edited by Johns 66; 05-05-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote