View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 09:58 AM   #37
Dleslie212

Re: Vortec swappers with dual tanks: how'd ya do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSoaked View Post
Perfect timing. I too am looking at redoing my dual tank setup on my 85 K20 with PF-4. I'm in Yuma, just south of you and the heat does not play well with my current Edelbrock remote sump setup.

So far I have come up with needing to replace the tanks with 87 versions, Spectra sending units, EP381 pumps, 87 rocker switch, AC Delco 6 way valve (replacement for the Pollack) and new FI rated hoses and clamps.
Yeah I think you’re the one who convinced me on this board to swap to the PF4 a few months back. I’m actually from Yuma, I’ve only been in Phoenix about 10 years.

Are you planning on running the new fuel pumps via the PF4 somehow? Or are you just running separate power lines to the pumps?

I’m actually considering now ditching the dual tanks and installing a single, large fuel cell under the bed. I haven’t even got to the point of checking out fuel cells, but my concern is finding a large enough capacity. I like to use the truck for a lot of overlanding type stuff, and don’t want to be constantly worrying about running of of gas. The reason I like the dual setup is because I can hold nearly 40 gallons
Dleslie212 is offline   Reply With Quote