View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #391
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Random small BBQ drum build.

A few months ago a friend who is a pianist and former restaurant owner, asked me if I could cut a damaged beer keg/barrel he had found with holes drilled in it in half for him in a way that he could use it as a small BBQ.

Being a pianist, I realised he had no real clue, so asked if it needed a stand as well.

Surprised he said yes please, as he had not thought of that.

I said. I would create something, using some of the angle iron I have stashed away.

So next plan was to figure just how and where to cut it, to avoid the holes someone had drilled in it. Weird, I know.

I also planned a very simple X-design stand as a cradle for the barrel.

In the mean time, I found two stools in a skip (lots of skip treasures out there) removed the nylon seating.

Mocked up, it looked pretty functional.

Then three 1mm cutting discs and a flap disc later.

It is amazing the tension in various parts of the structure.

Tabs cut so that it has some support for the old cooker oven grille planned to lay on top.

From there, I needed to make a decent grille for the floor on top of which the fire or coals can get lit, so that it can all breathe and create a load of heat.

With one more section of angle iron my welder called it a day.

Seemed to be the earth, as the trigger feed still worked, wire pushing out.

So I removed the earth cable an shoved a large phillips screwdriver in the hole, and triggered the wire to see if it arced……..

Yes. But only once.

I will also dismantle the trigger to see if anything is loose in there.

So I called it a day and asked a neighbour if I could tack the last bar with his welder, he agreed to this morning after 11.00

And completed.

So another small job done and out the way.

Today has been slow, a lot of rain, and had to go fetch Sallys Birthday pressent for Monday.

Romantic me.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote