Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #110
SCOTI

Re: 75 Dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Dually View Post
As far as good sources for the big wheels, go through the phone book (or internet) for local truck salvage yards. That would be my first place to hunt. Plus you live in the DFW area, there are tons of those kind of places around, just check them out and ask those guys if they know someone if you run a ground. If your going to be picky on the brand or style then you can order them from Tennessee Wheel & Tire, and Trevor will do everything in house that you want done.

First of all, and this is just me talking, do what I did with my truck. Go get a 3/4 ton rear end, which are much narrower than what you have in there today, get the rims machined, and you wont have to modify any of the body work. And if you do this swap change the bag location. Trust me when I say that is a great setup and not messing with the fenders is icing on the cake.
Yeah.... I went back & forth on how to set the rear up. What type of link set-up... Where to place the bags... Dana 70HD or a C&C/SRW 14bolt....

Ultimately it came down to being able to purchase a used Ride Tech HD 4-bar kit for about 1/4 of the retail price tag. I knew I was going to modify things to suit my exact set-up; the used kit & used price worked best so I could do my tweaks, have a well engineered set-up, & be budget friendly.

I like the big wheels but not @ the big cost. I checked w/TW&T & the price tag for the Townasty's was significant. That's a bunch of coin I can spend on my other trucks since my 16's/17's will fit as is.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote