View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 11:47 PM   #2531
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Well, new toy / upgrade .... a Progression Ignition! I was a bit apprehensive but it went pretty smooth. Well, other than putting my plug wires on off by one plug on the cap - doh!

After following (and watching a YouTube) she fired right up at 10 BTDC. I didn't need to touch a thing (other than my wires). I have to say I get hypnotize watching the little red dot move around. I have a windshield mount for my iPhone and it is awesome watching all the data during test driving.

The other part of getting this thing is the lockout, which you enable/disable from your phone. After catching some guy trying to open my driver's door in the parking lot of Target, I'll feel a bit better being able to lockout the ignition.

On a sadder note, my newly rebuilt '72 carb crapped out on me yesterday and I had to put back on my '78 carb. I swear I can't win with that '72 carb. Something funky happen after nailing the pedal and just won't run right (like it is dumping gas, making a ton of black smoke, and hardly will idle).
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 10-24-2021 at 10:42 AM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote