View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 01:58 AM   #524
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I really like my DeWalt stuff. I have eight of the 20V Max tools. My honey likes using my reciprocating saw (I call it a Sawzall) for trimming branches and stuff. Its a bit heavy for her though. The DeWalt rep was in the store I work at, Lowes, and told me about a neat set they had on sale of the smaller sized tools. Buy the 12Volt Max drill and impact driver set (comes with two batteries and a charger) get the 12Volt Max reciprocating saw for free. Its much smaller than mine, so perfect for her. I ended up paying I believe 169 bucks out the door. No idea what that is in pounds.

I brought it home and said, Look what I got you! She asked why since we already have a bunch of DeWalt stuff. I told her to try it out and see how it feels ... She loved them.

Morning CG

Thanks for posting up.

Rough exchange rates are $1.40 - £1.00
So around £1.23.00 for your Honeys tools.

I think that is an awesome gesture.

I have a large dumpster find Bosch cordless reciprocating saw that I am giving to a buddy who needs it more than me. Needs new batteries. But great condition.

I always buy girlfriends basic tools. My ex wife got a corded drill and hand tools for Valentines our first year…… she loved it, but prefered candy.

Yup…….

I like animals, and love them visiting.

George from two houses down spent a lot of time here yesterday while we were clearing up the garden.

I cut all my hedges, and Mickey’s next door as he hates doing it. Sally cleared garden beds, I raked up pine needles and leaves, followed by cutting the grass.

Once all that was done, including going to Sallys place to sell her cross trainer and see it leave she went in to watch Gogglebox, one of her few luxuries that I can’t abide.

So I went to the garage for a couple of slow hours to do little jobs.

Nothing mechanical, just sorting stuff out, rearranging my carp.

Eventually gave up and grabbed a pair of pliers and the Dewalt with a decent 6mm bit……..l

Been wanting to do this job since getting the Rezin Rockit.

Drilling out all the rivets.

Now you see them.

Now you don't.

Fiberglass resin filler for the holes next.

I left the steel tabs, for now, they may become part of the fake door latching mechanism.

No bootfair, no plans today.

May take the S10 for a drive…….

Just need somewhere or someone to visit.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote