View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 01:19 PM   #2532
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

'72 Carb is back on, Cliff told me that I likely tighten my bolts to much and that was causing my secondaires to hang open a little. I had told him that I used a digital torque wrench to take them to 15 ft lbs, he responded don't do that and just hand snug them down.

I did this with my hand driver, she started right up with no apparent vacuum leaks. Doing a number of back and forth test drives on my boulevard (to be very close to my home garage) where I got more and more aggressive on the pedal - no problems at all. I figured I did 15~20 foot slams, carb didn't stick. Hope it stays that way!

All during this testing, I'm also watching my Progression Ignition app from my iPhone. Freaking awesome ignition / app!

PS: So nice for Cliff to respond on a Sunday - that guy is aces.

Edit:
New response just now after I reported the good news to Cliff - he responded again. Which makes a lot of sense now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ruggles
When bushings are installed the throttle shaft clearances are reduced to less than .001” so they can stick if over-tightened........

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote