View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #9
Nick_R_23

Re: 1991 Chevy C1500 RCSB Version: I Have A Problem

Thank you. Honestly, I’m a fan of the moonie gauges over the needle style. The needle style in the early year trucks just looks cheap to me…like something you’d see in a Cavalier

Some of these aftermarket parts so far have not impressed me. The grille and turn signal lights have been the worst at this point.

The grille is from Amazon and was molded too thick in certain places - namely anywhere the retaining tabs need to be clipped in. There is an issue with the corner lights too, and while I feel like the issue is with the grille, I haven’t verified yet.

I used a sanding disc on a Dremel tool to remove material:

The next issue was the corner lights, made by Anzo. Overall, they’re built pretty decently, but they have a flaw that needs to be addressed. I found this out when tightening the screws during a test fit - the corners break off very easily:

The reason for this is obvious and due to a poor design. The inner and outer housing corner tabs do not match up when the lights are assembled, leaving a gap between the two surfaces that gets pinched when the screws are tightened.

My solution was to fill the gap with a hardening, fast drying epoxy (JB Quick) to fill the gap and add strength to the corners, and not allow the outer lens to be pulled in and crack.

My tires also came in, Cooper Cobra 275/60R15 for all four corners!

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote