View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 07:07 AM   #5304
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

[quote author="@admin" source="/post/2705389/thread" timestamp="1636484578"]Thanks for the extra info @grizz it was tricky to get enough info on all the builds in the time between announcement and when we recorded. Actually partly why I made this thread as I'm hoping to spend a bit of time filling in the gaps.

S10 is definitely much smaller than I thought then![/quote]

My S10 is about 100mm or 3-4” narrower than my 2020 Ford Focus estate.

Thought I would post a few pics of the 3rd door in here for those interested, or not and for @rmad and @admin to broaden their S10 knowlege 😉

The door is almost invisible, unless you know that the shut line on the rear of the cab actually for the door.

So once the small door is opened, a skinny lad life Hotwire and others could get in there and sit on the sideways mounted seat for a 5-10 mile trip to a pub, show etc.

Full size …. Chunky (fat buggers) like me would fit in there mainly if hijacked or prodded with an AK47 in the back, or a Glock in the neck for an indefinite distance ride.

The 3rd door also locks in place to form the B-pillar for the drivers door.

So it cannot latch unless you close it.

These are on a long wheelbase chassis, and actually have a different length to the LWB trucks.

The bed is a really useful 6 foot bed as well.

Turning circle on these are extremely poop, and having mounted slightly wider than standard tyres, I have a bit of chassis rub on full lock.

Other than that, these trucks have extremely comfortable seating and ergonomics are on par with luxury cars of the era.

Aircon, speed-o-cruise control, automatic gearbox with an overdrive gear in my ZQ8 factory special which included a bunch of nice touches like upgrades on steering and factory lowering has made this truck a real keeper, unless someone needs to have it more than me.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote