View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 05:59 AM   #5309
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Sorry, report is a touch late.

Work is a bit busy right now.

So @nickwheeler came over on Sunday, the first day temperatures had dropped enough to make me wear three garage T-shirts, a hoody and a warm beanie hat.

Earlier the day I had fitted my super large truck canvas as a test run to the carport.

Then removed it again. But it will go up when the cold pushes me harder.

It certainly makes for a less breezy work area, along with the new lights I fitted, it should be a cold but workable space once the diesel heater is on.

Nick and I had a coffee and a chat first, then went down to the carport and got going.

He did all the work, I watched, tried to learn, and made coffee and inappropriate comments.

That seemed to work. Hope it did for him too.

I would have been totally screwed without his skill and knowledge on site.

Cleaning cleaning and more wire brush action, ensuring the reused parts were smooth and slick.

Some copper slip grease on a few moving points.

New slave cylinder going on.

Old ones were really bad, mud dribbling from them when pipes were disconnected.

By the second one, we just cut the pipe, after all, new brake pipes are easy and cheap to fit, and ambetter idea as everything is now new.

One side done, springs were really fighting us.

And after a few hours, job done.

Carport rearranged a bit, moving the rear axle deeper in, out the weather.

Also discussed and looked at the MX5 engine, mounts etc.

Plus my initial thoughts on lowering the Rezin Rockit, which may not happen, due to the amount of invasive work it would take, including cutting up the body and trans tunnel.

Still, nothing is yet cast in stone.

Massive thanks again to Nick for popping over and all the brain power and work shared.

Much appreciated.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote