Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Nice rig

The stickers on the Glovebox are funny

That sleeper above the cab gives a Whole new meaning to:
Curling up for a nap

Curling up indeed, i am 6'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 Super View Post
Eric, how did you come across this Jimmy? A very cool piece for sure.

Question on your slots. It appears that the lug holes have a ridge around them, meaning the lugs sit in a little. I have a set like this also. I was wondering what type of lug do they take?

Thanks,
Ray
I bought a pair of NOS doors off craigslist about 3 hours away and got to talking with the owner. I also bought an NOS gmc gate from him. He asked if i had ever seen one before and i assumed it was a slide in type. I went to his place about 20 miles away and that was when i posted the first pics a few years back. It was not for sale at that time. Fast forward about 1/2 year, out of the blue, the guy needed money for something else he was doing and it was mine. I have put less than 10 miles on it since i have had it and the po but about 20 on it in the 20 years he had it.
I will try to look at the slot lug nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
OK. Makes sense now. It would get in the way if you were camping. Is there a stove and a sink?
There is a stove and sink laying in there, but not sure if they are correct for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil hoodlum View Post
Thank you for posting the pictures of the inside. Very interesting, I had been checking your other thread for updates. I too wonder how some people are able to sleep in these overhead campers as I can't stretch out comfortably on my bench seat in my 68 C10.

Looks like a cool set up regardless. Does the camper "top" replace the factory "Jimmy" top?
Yes, it replaces the jimmy top. It is bolted in place and uses a couple of the original mounting spots up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt's72 View Post
Is this a for sale thread? lol Is that original paint sure is shiny? That is my favorite color for these trucks. You have some thick woods around your place. Thanks for sharing the pics really cool.
Appears to have had a re-paint at some point. It will need some paint and floor rust repaired at some point now.
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote