View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #100
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

The next few races didnt go as well . I one third rounder two second rounders and one first rounder . When you run the divisional series you can run up to eight races including two out of divisions and you count the best five . I met my fiance Kristi that year and she had been to only one race with me when I decided to go to Montgomery Alabama for an out of division race . It took us ten hours to get there (and she didnt know what to think cause I dont talk when I drive). I got us good little spot next to the track with some nice grass and we sat and watched it rain .... I think the highlight of the weekend was the steak I cooked us on friday . The track looked terrible (like a dry lake bed , just flaking up everywhere) and by saturday when we started it still wasnt worth a damn . My first pass I thought I was gonna hit the wall in the other lane when I came off the throttle stop and had to abort . Well the next one was going a little better till I dropped a valve at half track . I rolled to the end of the track smoking and rattling (hell I didnt know if it was on fire or not) and pulled up next to the NHRA safety truck . We towed it back the trailer and I found the problem , loaded up and headed for Texas. It took about 8 1/2 hrs to get home and I said 8 words (Kristi wasnt sure at this point if she liked racing or not) lol.......

Last edited by regan wilson; 04-20-2010 at 06:52 AM.
regan wilson is offline   Reply With Quote