View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Best headand cam combo for 421 SBC

For 420+ normally aspirated inches you want at least a 220cc head. Problem is most will require a offset rocker. Starts eating into the budget pretty heavy.

Heads $1400,
Crower offset shaft rocker around $900
custom cam to get the most lift you can get in the combination you have.. around $300

For getting exactly what you pay for, AFR is a phonenominal option. I do believe they are the ONLY one to guarentee flow to be within 1% of advertised. I've had 4 sets, 2 saw the flow bench and were within 5cfm ,, and one was MORE than advertised. The 220 eliminator would serve you well for the big inch sbc running under 6500 (which will be your limit with a hydraulic roller anyways) . Be cautious of getting just any large runner sbc head. Some have absolutely TERRIBLE port volocity and would mot make a street friendly motor. The right head for the right job

Wanting to be more serious, ,, well it's only money

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote