View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 12:05 AM   #75
Beelzeburb
Devil's in the Details

Beelzeburb: Part 28

Well, I've been busy over the last couple of months, but most of my work has been on my other vehicles. I finally painted my 240Z (after hundreds of hours of prep work) and it's now up and running, just needs a couple of last electrical connections made. I also re-acquired the original drivetrain for my Datsun 510 and put it back in the car. I started that motor up for the first time in 20 years yesterday. That car has kept me well occupied as I try to get it street legal once more.

As far as the Suburban goes, it's been gathering some dust, and parts. I now have almost all of the A/C system pieces I need.

The only bits still on my to-order list are the hose kit and a new drier. I did finally get a new rear bumper too. It's only been what, 10 or 11 years without one? I'm holding off on slappin' that new chrome goodness on the backside because I've also got a rear quarter patch panel I need to weld in one of these days. This Suburban had been in a bit of a fender bender once, and the driver side rear quarter got bashed. The body shop that did the last work on it just slathered a bunch of metal fill and body putty in place then sculpted that into shape. After so many years, much of their work has cracked or flaked off and the rust is showing underneath. I like to do things right, so the whole panel is going to be replaced. If the nice weather (high fourties!) holds out I might just get around to some of this stuff soon.

Last edited by Beelzeburb; 01-21-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Beelzeburb is offline   Reply With Quote