View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 12:45 AM   #93
Techie79

Re: My 1958 GMC 100 Stepside Budget Build

Been working on the truck as much as I could the last few weeks. Finished roughly aligning the front sheet metal. Not perfect but close enough for me. Wanted to try out the new harbor freight stud gun and dent puller so I started working on a dent on the front passenger fender between the hood and light. Looks like someone threw a tempter tantrum at some point and took it out on the truck. Still have some work to do on the repair but it pulled out pretty good.

Went to the local car show and cruise the first weekend in may and saw a car that I thought everyone might get a kick out of. According to the sign on the car it was built on an early 70s porche chassis. Just imagine all of the weird looks you would get driving around in a coffin that handles like a sports car.

Since everything fit pretty good next in was on to tearing it back apart so I could get all of the final welding done on the cab.

Used a template I found that OrrieG had posted some time ago and made up some cab corner fillers out of 16 guage sheet metal.

Finally got the cowl vent replacement panel in place that I ordered almost a year ago. Sure was a lot of welding and grinding but I think it will turn out nice in the end and hopefull no more rust and rot in the future.

Techie79 is offline   Reply With Quote