View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 04:08 PM   #62
Tempest67

Re: 51 Chev on a S10 frame, named Dale

Ahhh, the wiper motor..... what a PITA

I picked up a wiper motor with a 90* swing (rear hatch from a Subaru, so the guy said)

I tried to place it in the middle of the 2 wiper arms, with some brackets I made, and then attach each arm to an adjustable bracket that attached to the wiperassembly , so I could fine tune the movement of each wiper. After hours of lying on my back, trying to get both wipers to work, unsuccessfully, I decided to have just the driver's side function, and the Passenger side glass will be covered with RainX (or Wax).

The pics aren't great, but what you see are the 2 brackets from flat bar, 1 bracket is welded to the dash support, the other is bolted, and you can see where I welded the rotating arm to the wiper assembly, and it is attached to the stock wiper arm.

I hooked up a 12v Battery and it seems to go back a forth fine. I will just need to turn it off when the wiper blade is down. No Auto-Park for me.

Motor is almost assembled, but still needs paint and attach trans. (clutch and flywheel)........ step by step.... inch by inch...
Attached Images

Tempest67 is offline   Reply With Quote