View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #85
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

After sleeping on it, I've decided to just use my frame and swap out the rear axles. The other axle is a 3.08 rear end and mine is a 3.73. Without an overdrive, it's revving at about 2700 rpm on the highway and I've been wanting shorter gears for it for a long time. My front suspension was already worked over some with new brakes, lowered springs and changes to the control arms for the lower ride hieght. I didn't really want to do that over again.

We've had rain the past couple days, so I did not take it over to the sandblaster yet, maybe saturday it'll get done if I'm lucky. Once the axles are swapped, it's a short ride down the street.

I ordered new bushings for the track bar and rear control arms, tranny mount, Gas tank felts and a new O-ring, new cab mount bolts (I already have the rubber mounts), and rear fender braces. That'll keep me busy for a few days. I also have a lock-right to install in the axle. I'm hoping a few more of my items sell on ebay so I can buy more parts, mainly headers and exhaust.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote