View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 02:12 PM   #871
BAM55

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
BC - I was going to ask how you expect the transaxle in the 914 to survive behind that V8 but then I realized (I think!) you probably swapped out the original 915 trans for a Carrera-era Gertrag five speed? If I remember my Porsche days correctly that Gertrag is the same (+/-) as went into Camaros of that era?

When I was in college the rich kid that lived down the street from my then girlfriend had a yellow 914-6 with the square flares you are using and I was head over heels in love with it. I SO wish I would have thought to ask him to contact me before selling it. Not that I would have had the money for it. Probably would have cost like $5,000 in those days - all the money in the world to me then.

Can't wait to see how yours comes out Hey, if you ever want to sell it.........!
Dan,

The 914 Porshe is not BC's it belongs to a buddy of ours name Donnie. That is is 55 Belaire also. Anyway to answer you question, Donnie has a 6 Speed Trans G86/20 out of a 2001 Boxster that is going in the 914. He has be driving and enjoying the 914 for the pass month are so.
BAM55 is offline   Reply With Quote