View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 01:12 AM   #279
desertdogg

Re: Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH Lead-Foot View Post
I agree on "Good" video's. There are some Race Team vid's that the tech knows what he is doing, but sometimes, doesn't fit what you need. But look at many and you will find good info. Glad on your digital angle gauge purchase. Tools have become so much better as the price comes down. Ben buying SnapOn since 1970.
I fixed the light on my R450b soldering iron yesterday, that come with 3 tips up to 450 watts. I wore it out. Much to my surprise, SnapOn still sells the 450 watt tip for $30. Happy to have it back as others soldering irons that reach 450 watts are over $450 now. It's only 42 year old and works great on 10 AGW wire...even larger copper eyelets on cables.

Yah, I am in a sad state of mind with elbows after the Dr. had 3 x-rays L & R and right is real bad, although I am left handed. Go figure. He said you have a lot of arthritis and the ulnar nerve maybe trapped, but you need a replacement elbow and i quote" We just don't like to do that"...
This is not the first saw-bones I heard this, as his excuse was there manufactures give the device 10 years of life and only replaced once...So, at age 60 will take your to 70, then new one. But is works loose of wears out, sorry Charlie...you are SOL. Fine.
I just need my lumbar and elbow for 3 more years, then I don't care.

Best of luck on your driveshaft, mounts and u-joint angles.
Thanks Lead-foot, looked at a few videos last night and beginning to get the Idea probably need to look at a few more just to get more comfortable. I got my gauge in the mail today so I plan on getting this all figured out this weekend, we'll see what happens. My plan is to get the drive shaft mounted then putting some boards under all four wheels and get some measurements, with gods help my measurements will be spot on if not then I have some work to do.

Your arthritis sounds pretty bad, I have injured my back years ago and now also have some arthritis going on I have also had scoped knee surgery for torn cartiledge and they both hurt as well, oh well this is life I guess but as long as Im still able to move around slow, but steady it wont stop me from getting this done, god willing. I'll post up my progress this weekend and thanks for the encouragement, just wish you were my neighbor so I could coax you over with a beer so you could tell me what Im doing wrong