View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 01:47 AM   #232
dan468

Re: Camaro Caliper Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425HP409 View Post
I installed the kit from Captainfab, and it works great. I resolved two issues with the installation, Combination Valve and Parking Brake Cables
1. Combination valve - I used the factory 68 brake light switch, no proportioning valve and no metering valve. No metering valve needed with 4 wheel disc, and so far works great with no proportioning valve. I installed a master cylinder for 4 wheel disc so as not to have a residual check valve in the outlet of the master cylinder, which is only used on drum brakes. My truck started out as a 4 wheel drum and I had previously installed 72 disc brakes.
2. Parking Brake - My truck is a short bed, however the long and short bed trucks use the same rear cables, so my method should work for all trucks. I was able to use the Camaro factory rear parking brake cables and the factory Chevy intermediate cable. I moved the intermediate cable from the trailing arms to the inside of the frame, connecting to the Camaro cables. I fabricated new brackets for the front of the rear cables and made links to take the slack out of the intermediate cable. The photos show how I did it.
Thank you!! This will save me some headache. I have a 4-link and didn't have any means of hooking up to the old trailing arm mount.

Build thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414699
dan468 is offline   Reply With Quote