View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #139
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

About a week after the previous post I took it on another trip to get more fencing materials, around 350 miles round trip. No real issues at all, got almost 16 mpg. The cluster lights were working, just couldn't see them in daylight. And I was able to get the oil pressure sender plug to connect to the original oil pressure wire under the hood and now have a working oil pressure gage. The transmission shifting seems to be changing as I drive it. I still need to get it into the local shop for some ECU adjustments but I'm waiting until after I swap the transmission internal wire harness and the other shift solenoid because a couple of the codes I'm getting are related to that.

Here's the pinout changes for the 90-91 cluster. I wish I had found this list before my swap. I downloaded the wiring service manual and verified positions on my harness. It all worked out fine but then I found the list on a FB group page for LS swapped squarebodies, which is where I got my swap guide BTW and they have several other useful docs like for getting the cruise control to work, etc...

1 - High Beam Indicator - Light Green/No Stripe
2 - Ground - Black
3 - Oil Pressure Gauge From Sender - Light Brown/No Stripe
4 - 12 Volt + Keyed From Ignition - Pink/Black Stripe
5 - Low Voltage Warning Lamp - Dark Brown/No Stripe
6 - Not Used
7 - Not Used
8 - Coolant Temperature Gauge From Sender - Dk Green/No Stripe
9 - 12 Volt + Controlled By Headlight Switch - Light Gray/No Stripe
10 - Left Turn Signal Indicator - Light Blue/No Stripe
11 - Right Turn Signal Indicator - Dark Blue/No Stripe
12 - 4x4 Indicator Lamp - Separate wire from 18 Pin Connector
13 - Seat Belt Warning Lamp - Yellow/No Stripe
14 - Fuel Gauge From Sender - Pink/No Stripe
15 - Park Brake/Unequal Pressure Warning Lamp - Light Brown/White Stripe
16 - SES (Service Engine Soon) Lamp - Dark Brown (mine was black)/White Stripe
17 - 12 Volt + Keyed From Ignition Switch - Pink/Black Stripe
18 - Speedometer From Sender - Light Blue/Black Stripe

I plan on connecting my check engine light up to the cluster also.

Been thinking about the seat options and I want seats with integrated seat belts, which really limits the options. But that floor is such a pain to work with for seats out of anything else. I have a set of 2003 suburban buckets I planned to use but that dang floor, ugh.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote