View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 07:34 PM   #1743
jocko

Re: Post your C/L finds here for all to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Nice truck but he wants you to email your phone number and where you live? Sounds like data mining
Mark, I agree that is a little odd - but, having experienced the joys of selling on CL before, I'm assuming he's wanting to reach out to a human rather than get a zillion robo calls (like I did when I listed my phone number on CL). I bet he wants to know if a prospective buyer is relatively close by and is willing to share a phone # like a human would. Seems that if it were data mining, they'd want your actual email address and physical street address, etc. But I don't know - you raise a great question - I didn't catch that statement at the bottom, agree it's a little odd and I'd be more comfortable with a phone number for ME to call rather than some dude asking for mine up front. Fortunately, although I do really like this truck, for some reason I'm just personally not a fan of the square egg-crated-ness of the 80 grille. I could live with it since I prefer the sub-Silverado round headlights, but for some reason I just prefer the pre-80 grille inserts. Weird, I know - and this is a real nice truck - and pretty close to me. It has been for sale before, but it's been a little while.

Great point, as always, and buyer beware, as always. But I would lean toward thinking this is probably a legit ad.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote