View Single Post
Old 07-15-2023, 11:04 PM   #9
donthekawguy

Re: 1965 swb restomod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruno68 View Post
I will hopefully be following you along with the same process in about a month. One of the things I will need to do is build a cab dolly like yours. I plan to put it out to the forum for design ideas, but thought I would ask you as well. How high does your sit the cab off the ground and do you have it sitting on the cab support rails or on the cab mounts? I am lucking on mine that I don't need to do any work to the cab supports. So, I was thinking about building mine so it sits like it will sit on the frame and have the the cab sit on the dolly at the cab mounts. Just wondering how you built yours.
Rob
All I did was measure how wide I need it and how long. I didn't put a lot of thought into it. I just wanted it stable and be able to roll it outside so I could work on the frame. I used 2 rather straps to hold it on the dollie and it's plenty stable. It's about 2 feet off the ground so it's easy enough to get in and work on what I need to. I built one for the bed also but it's way too tall but it works. I just bolted 2x4s onto the 4x4 legs and used HF casters.