View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
BigBlocksRule

Re: Show your pro street 88-98 trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19seventeeCustom View Post
I dont get the whole concept of "pro street", Lets shove a Huge ASS motor in something and then cut the car/truck up along with tubs and lose all street driving ability. ???? just don't get it.

I like my hot rods streetable and simple, that can straightin the curves and ALSO haul the mail down the 1/4. This 80's pro-street stuff is for the birds!!
What you like is Pro Touring. That's my '81 4-speed Corvette.
Pro Street is a car that looks like it belongs at the track but is streetable. A big motor is a lot easier to make streetable than a high winding small engine. A true Pro Street car/truck is very streetable, no heel/toe driving needed. Big honkin' tires and big, loud, choppy engines.
There are a lot of genres of street cars, all with huge followings.
What I don't understand is 20"+ wheels that look like trash can lids and rubber bands for tires that can't take a bump at more than 2mph and ride like iron-wheeled wagons. Or trucks that are slammed onto the pavement with front tires splayed out like a knock-kneed fat chick. Or imports with boom box stereos and fart pipes with no power. They're not my cup of tea, but as I said, to each his own.
Restorob, I'm another old fart that had kids in the 80's and couldn't afford a ProStreet anything. I liked 'em then and still do, now that I can afford one I'm going whole-hog. I have several different cars and trucks, each different from the others. Some for work, most for play

Last edited by BigBlocksRule; 05-02-2011 at 06:22 PM.
BigBlocksRule is offline   Reply With Quote